Saturday 5 January 2013

life of pi



Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama      Director: Ang Lee 

Last week I reluctantly went to the cinema with my family too see Life of Pi 3D. I was sceptical about whether I would be able to stay interested for the 127 minutes and whether the 3D would impress. However less than half an hour into the film I was hooked, I even shed a tear at one point. The 3D was the best I've seen yet, and the animation was outstanding with the tiger and other animals looking extremely real. The film has a message relating to religion and spirituality which makes you question different beliefs and what different things mean in the film.


Life of Pi is based on the novel of the same name by Yann Martel. The film centres around the main protagonist Piscene Patel, a son of a zoo keeper, who after surviving a shipwreck on his way to Canada from India finds himself floating in the Pacific Ocean on a lifeboat with an unusual collection of shipmates; a zebra, hyena, orangutan and a tiger. While fighting to survive at sea a special bond is made between Pi and the Bengal tiger, Richard Parker. If you are debating whether or not to see this film, or what to watch the next time you go to the cinema, I highly recommend watching Life of Pi, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment